Subject: Re: Handling multiple lkm's
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/15/1997 11:44:23
Excerpts from netbsd: 15-Sep-97 Re: Handling multiple lkm's matthew
green@eterna.com (433)

> infact, there is a patch from jtkohl in the PR databsae that
> fixes this for a.out systems, that i plan on commiting soon.

You didn't tell the PR number, so I guess you are referring to
PR 791 "modload doesn't load a.out symbols".
This doesn't solve not the problem I meant in my original
mail - that the (user space) symbol table which is used to
link new LKMs against is not updated.
However, It would be good to have DDB symbol support
for LKMs. (It would be good to discuss some details before
you commit PR 791. The least thing I'd expect would be an
option to enter DDB before the module is initialized.)

best regards
Matthias