Subject: Re: Handling multiple lkm's
To: tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/12/1997 10:50:23
Excerpts from netbsd: 12-Sep-97 Handling multiple lkm's Darren
Reed@cyber.com.au (1186*)

> if you plan to use more than 1 LKM, each
> must have a different entry point - that is xxxinit (the default) can
> only be used once.  The upshot of this is that for others, you need to
> manually specify the entry point to modload.

For me, that's a minor problem. I'm normally using some
preprocessor and Makefile magic to create init function names
and to call "modload" with the right arguments.
(YMMV)

After thinking about it: Why can it be used only once? In the
standard setup, the kernel symbol table will not be updated
when an LKM is loaded.

best regards
Matthias