Subject: State of remote kernel debugging
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/06/1997 12:21:14
I was reading through some messages in tech-kern from days gone by.
There was at one time (around February) some activity making this work
on the i386 platform.  The only files I can find (from Matthias
Drochner) are from February.

Several times it was mentioned that the serial port integration was
really messy, and he was waiting for some things to settle.

So, what's the current state of remote kernel debugging on the i386
platform?  Is it integrated and working in current?  If not, does the
stuff from February still work?  Do I need to retrieve and compile a
newer version of gdb than what's supplied with current?

Thanks!

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net