Subject: Writing a simple device?
To: Tech-kern <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/1997 17:22:37
I would like to write a simple device for NetBSD (1.2 at the moment).
This device would be opened by a userland program.  It would read a
few bytes of information from an I/O card and return them to the
userland program.  It might also receive small commands from the userland

Where can I look for examples?  Are LKM devices much more complex than
the "normal" ones?  What if the device needs so CPU attention every now
and then - can I hook it to some clock interrupt to get some minor tasks

This device, once (if ever :) completed, will probably be interesting to
other NetBSD users as well..

Thanks a lot,

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> <---