Subject: Re: X server as a Unix system process
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/15/1997 16:52:15
On Tue, Jul 15, 1997 at 01:27:44AM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Looks to me like the VM code is slowly growing a linked list
> somewhere, when given repeated mmap()/munmap() calls for small
> regions.

BTW, does our libc use mmap() and munmap() when malloc() is called?
Or is it the X server which calls these routines?

If I managed to make the call treshold higher, I should see these
routines being called less often, right?  This might help me a bit
until the real fix arrives (someone has created a child process inside
his/her head to find a solution to the problem, right? :-)

  -jm