Subject: Debugging Kernel changes.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joshua Dinerstein <forge@netbsd.warped.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/24/1997 13:01:49
	Hi Peoples,

	I need a little more help with some BSD kernel development. I am
trying to make some changes to the NFS part of the kernel.

	For some reason my code changes are making the kernel crash.
Strange I know :), but it does seem to be happening.

	So what I am wondering is this. Is there anyway to run the kernel
in a debug mode or with a debugger? Something where I could get a better
idea of what is really going wrong and why it is causing these crashes?

	If anyone has any suggestions, information, or pointers to
documents that would discuss this I would really appriciate it. As I have
gone as far as I can with that I have/know now.

	Thanks A Million,
	Joshua