Subject: Re: ahc and Semantics of the "COMPLETE" return code
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.ibp.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/24/1997 15:31:06
On Jun 24, Justin T. Gibbs wrote
> The controller allocates a complete set of SG segments for each command
> block.  If you were able to get an SCB (essentially a command block to
> handle this transaction), either by mallocing it or obtaining it from
> the free pool, then you already have 256 SG segments availible for use.
> The error is saying that the data length passed into the driver was for
> a larger than 1MB I/O.

I didn't go that depth in the driver, and thougth it was 256 SG allocated
at autoconfig, and shared for all the IOs.

> I'm sure that if you put a check into sd.c or
> the aic7xxx driver for greater than 64k I/O, you'll hit your bug and
> may even be able to, with the debugger, determine what chunk screwed up
> the data length.

I'll try it, but the problem here is that this is quite hard to reproduce,
I get it only once a while. And this doesn't change the fact that the
"XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP" did't get handled correctly. I'll try to have a look
at this too.

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.                 bouyer@masi.ibp.fr