Subject: Re: rebuilding libkvm
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1997 14:50:37
>From: Chris Jones <>
>Date: 17 Jun 1997 12:32:37 -0600
>After a recent (5 min. ago :) kernel rebuild, my ps, w, and
>libkvm-using friends didn't work properly, so I endeavored to rebuild
>them.  In this case, w still doesn't report what people are doing, and
>ps won't compile ("__kvm_pa2off referenced from text segment").  These
>are solvable problems, though; I'm assuming these will work after
>another sup.

Which port are you using?  If it's one that recently switched from
libkvm.old to libkvm (see src/lib/Makefile), and you're still using
the old libkvm, then that might cause lossage like what you're

Another possibility is that /var/db/kvm.db is outdated; try rebuilding
kvm_mkdb, then 'rm -f /var/db/kvm*db && kvm_mkdb /netbsd'.
Mike Long <>