Subject: Help with some memory mapping problems...
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joshua Dinerstein <forge@netbsd.warped.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/10/1997 07:29:17
	Hi Peoples,

	I am new to this partitucalar maillist. So if I break protocol or
sound stupid please be patient with me.

	I am trying to make some testing changes to the NetBSD kernel on
my machine. I am running NetBSD on my Amiga 3000. But these changes are
for the most part, what I would consider, generic source code changes.
I.e. they aren't in the amiga source directories but in the /sys/kern one.

	What I want to do is allocate a buffer in memory in the "user
space" rather than in kernel space. And then use it to fake a syscall to
kernel routine. i.e. I need this memory buffer to be accessible via the
copyin and copyout commands.

	Actually I guess bottom line what I want to do is to be able to
call the open and close file routines at the syscall entry level from
inside the kernel.

	Does anyone know how? Can anyone provide me with some help and
most especailly some answers. I am totally stumped at the moment, and
everything I try just leads to kernel failures.

	So basically any information would be greatly appriciated.

	Thanks A Million,
	Joshua