Subject: Re: PC GPS cards
To: Jim Reid <jim@mpn.cp.philips.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/26/1997 07:44:25
On Mon, 26 May 1997, Jim Reid wrote:

> Anybody know of a supplier of reasonable (price and performance) GPS
> cards for a PC? I don't care about positioning, but the timestamps
> would make a good NTP server.

Assuming you correct for being 13 seconds out, or whatever it is.

No further discussion of this topic on this list is necessary; all
the long technical discussions, which can go on for quite some
time, are in the rlast three or four RISKS digests, which are
available by searching altavista. (Probably they're on a machine
at srl.com.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'