Subject: Re: Dynamic SCSI ids (was: A possible way of handling...)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/1997 10:49:43
On Mon, 12 May 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> This wouldn't be such a problem except that those ports have
> MAXPARTITIONS set to 8, which is awfully small.  I've raised that to
> 16, and even sent-pr the changes for the SPARC, but have seen no sign
> of interest.

While I can't speak for anyone else, this sort of change has the potential
to screw a _lot_ of people if not done carefully, something that I'm sure
is not lost on the folks that maintain the SPARC port.  It seems to me
that the amount of hostility created by making this move could easily be
greater than that created by leaving things alone...  (Users -- can't live
with 'em, and can't live with 'em. ;-)

--scott