Subject: Re: pnp wss sound card (w. Opti 82C925)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/11/1997 18:38:38
> I've just picked up a sound card (Telesound by Televideo).  The box
> essentially claims that the card emulates every sound producing
> standard back to Jerico Trumpets.  It claims compatability with
> "Sound Blaster Pro", [...]

> Seeing how the sb driver was pnp capable, I tried that one first.  It
> didn't recognize the chip.

It recognizes a real SoundBlaster, doesn't it?

Then the card is broken (specifically, its SoundBlaster compatability
isn't working - you have code that works with a SoundBlaster that
doesn't work with the Telesound) and you should tell Televideo to fix
it, or otherwise give you your money back and stop advertising
compatability that isn't there.

Sounds simple enough to me. :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca