Subject: Re: ipfilter loading.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/29/1997 15:53:53
Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Please, there is a difference with introducing a bug in a "release"
> of NetBSD, and changing source in -current.  I 100% agree with Jason
> that a firewall that "breaks" because of a commit to -current is
> too fragile.  That is an obvious one.  Running an anonymous ftp server
> on -current, and *blindly* supping changes is pretty fragile also.

If his point was that it was too fragile because the machine was running
-current rather than because of the change itself (which isn't clear to
me), then I can agree with that.  I interpreted Jason's position to be
that depending on default behavior was too fragile, and I take issue
with that.  If I've misinterpreted his position then I apologize.