Subject: Re: Rebooting
To: Evil Erik <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/1997 21:04:53
--==_Exmh_258344472P

In message <199704272014.NAA28491@guzzler.ecst.csuchico.edu>you write:
> Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> ] Dan J Fraser writes:
> ] > NetBSD can't seem to reboot my PC.
> ]
> ] Try updating to -current and see what that does for you.
> ]
> ] >
> ] > It just hangs at the Rebooting... message.
> ] >
> ] > AMD 486DX4/99, Opti chipset motherboard, American Megatrends BIOS, dated
> ] > 1994, no keyboard connected.
> ]
>
> Im running -current (as of 970410) and seeing a similar problem..
> AMD 5x86DX-133, Opti chipset, Award BIOS 1997, 20M Ram, IDE,
> keyboard & VGA (currently)
> This is my only netbsd system with IDE, so im not sure if thats a
> problem.

I have similar problems.  one box with ASUS P55TP4N and AHA2940 hangs on
reboot with kernel and userland 970408 but reboots fine with same userland and
kernel from 970320 or 979420.
My other box with same config but two aha's reboots fine, up to the point
where the second AHA-BIOS scan should happen (even before the bootsector is
tested).

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_258344472P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBM2T01LA63tqjeAhZAQGtFQP/dUZmi+1TeXsgXT6SkyichbtiGl3KetAj
rPLJHbCiyazmY/x/x7SsNacIE1PbXQlu8BZVJj1AqbwbpTipSN/TVjzt9/2BgrIj
peDGTMOjSnbLl7dsbCea6Nnv3bDJwZ/Y4pKVhxvCS6qx/AAb+8MFlILgA3HefCAp
uEfsVYBIai4=
=He7V
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_258344472P--