Subject: Re: The esp bug
To: None <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/25/1997 16:12:58
> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:52:33 -0600
> From: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
>
> >Would it be possible to send the SCSI command to the esp AFTER it
> >completes target selection?  If we could do that, we would never
> >have the possibility of reselect getting in between after we have
> >loaded the SCSI command into the FIFO and before target selection
> >is complete.  Would this solve the problem?
> >
> >Gordon
>
> Which esp bug are you talking about.  If your talking about the
> SDEV_AUTOSAVE problem, it's fix is completely unrelated to what
> you talk about.

Oh, sorry, I thought that would be obvious from the question.
I'm talking about the bug where the esp gets a reselect after
you have loaded a SCSI command into its FIFO and asked it to
begin selecting a target, after which the FIFO contents are
presented as message data (the SCSI command you loaded) when
you want to see the identify message from the target.

At least, that's my understanding of the bug...

Gordon