Subject: Re: Apollo keyboard, serial drivers (announce)
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/17/1997 01:18:14
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> There's a problem even with the lkm approach:
>
> You only can load LKMs during single user mode.

Sorry, that was my ignorant other-BSD background showing
through.  I won't get too carried away with just how amazing
that concept is.

> And I repeat: on the kind of systems I talk about, rodents can and
> will be hot-swapped.

Na und?  Sounds like you want a megaprotocol rodent translation
engine then, whether it lives in userspace or kernel space.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"