Subject: Re: Dynamic SCSI ids (was: A possible way of handling...)
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/30/1997 15:24:10
Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca> writes:

> Even when booting from a read-only miniroot, or a CD-ROM?

I try to stay away from IRIX as much as possible, but I think the
installation mechanism is rather brain dead.  You can't boot directly
from a cd-rom, you always use some kind of miniroot, and I doubt it if
you can install on a disk without a swap-partition.  Typically you
have to work the correct amount of magic to label a disk before
installing.  (If your disk burns up, and you can't recall the magic,
nor have an extra SGI around, your basically cooked.)

/Johan