Subject: Re: Dynamic SCSI ids (was: A possible way of handling...)
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/1997 08:20:37
On Fri, Mar 28, 1997 at 07:20:50PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> Having been heavily involved in design efforts that have gone to both
> extremes, I'm more inclined to the current NetBSD approach, although
> you can get quite startled if you change your configuration and forget
> to resequence things in /etc/fstab.

I think the default system is OK when you get used to it.. although
it DOES make your life difficult when one of your disks dies and you
try to bring the system up without it (and the machine is 400 km from
you and the only person near the machine knows nothing about UNIX.... ;)
But then, we could 'fix' the names in kernel config file to remedy this
problem.

  -jm

--

                         1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET Mon-Fri