Subject: Re: Multiple values for locators
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/1997 12:19:34
>As I've pointed out, the problem I'm address is not `pick one of',
>it's `use all of'.  So the above isn't really relevant to the problem
>I'm solving.

Right, as I said, I was just throwing out some comments. :-)

You can actually encode a list (in an ugly manner) without adding
anything to what is there now:

	foo0 at adapt0 io 0x100 io2 0x140 io3 ox180 interrupt 7

or whatever.  (By placing the io2/io3 names at the end of the set of
defined locators sys/i386/conf/files.i386, config will shuffle the
above entry so that the io2, etc., values come after all the existing
values, which avoids needing to change existing drivers.)

Just another comment, :-)

Chris