Subject: Re: Multiple values for locators
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/26/1997 13:48:36
According to Charles M. Hannum:

>I considered doing this earlier, but decided it didn't actually solve
>any problems that `FOOCF_LOCATOR' doesn't.  Especially since only
>busses generally look inside cf_loc[] anyway; it's just not that hard
>to get it right in the relevant places.

Yeah I suppose but I would like to use the locators for my own
purposes, if we can encode the bus attachment somewhere then the
locator information can be fished out later on by, say, a prtconf like
tool (there I said it :-)

It's probably just me but I thought that a structure would look neater
than #define'd array offsets.  I suppose the down side is that there
may be alignment problems & the initialisation of a union is somewhat
problematical in some instances....

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.