Subject: Re: tsleep while cold can be avoided!
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/25/1997 15:59:47
gwr@mc.com (Gordon W. Ross) writes:

>Perhaps we could insert three functions before the vfs_mountroot
>call, like this:  (instead of just the one shown previously)
>        cpu_rootconf();
>        cpu_swapconf();
>        cpu_dumpconf();

Either is fine with me.  I was trying to ask whether we needed
cpu_{root,swap,dump}conf().  From a cursory scan of the source it
looked like at least the last two are MI, and we could just do

	cpu_rootconf();
	swapconf();
	dumpconf();

[qpretty safely.  rootconf() takes a port-specific XXX_nam2block()
array, so a port-specific closure looks like the best answer there.
Scanning all the other ports' autoconf.c I happen to haev have around,
swapconf() and dumpconf() don't take any args and get called
immediately after rootconf().

We could rename them all to cpu_swapconf() and cpu_dumpconf()
if that's more consistent.
I guess it's all the same, really.