Subject: Re: Name for ext2fs filesystem ?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/19/1997 18:42:18
> One problem is the name of this filesystem: should it be ext2, for
> compatibility with linux, or ext2fs, for coherency with *BSD ?

> I vote for ext2fs, with perhaps a link mount_ext2->mount_ext2fs, so
> that linux users who don't know how to read a man page will not be
> lost.

My choice is ext2fs.  The link wouldn't annoy me, but I personally
wouldn't bother - anyone who expects to switch painlessly from Linux to
anything else (or vice versa, for that matter) is deluding hirself.
(Indeed, much the same holds true for switching across any major OS
schism - the more major the schism the more pain can be expected.)

					der Mouse