Subject: Re: splraise?
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/06/1997 15:46:33
> splsoftxxx() ... block software interrupt processing at that level,
> no more, really.  Since callouts are not used for TCP timers,
> softclock and softnet don't have to block each other (I don't think;
> someone may want to sanity check me, here...).

How else would timers work if not through callouts?

OK, there are no timers wound up in the tcp code, and since the tcp timeout
functions are protecting themselves with splsoftnet/splx calls, your result
of no need for softclock and softnet to block each other is correct (as far
as I can see).
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800