Subject: Re: config(8) vs Brett Lymn :-)
To: mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca, John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/06/1997 09:21:58
Excerpts from netbsd: 5-Mar-97 Re: config(8) vs Brett Lymn.. John
Kohl@atria.com (583)

> dM> that it would be fairly easy to have config generate some
> dM> representation of those locator-specification lines for the benefit of
> dM> programs like prtconf
>
> In fact, I have hacked on config to do this sort of thing--I have it
> spit out #define'ed locator indices for indexing into cf_loc[], a list
> of locator names { "foo", "bar" }, and a count of locators.

How can the external program know which set of locators
belongs to a particular device?
There is the cfdriver->cd_name member (which the
device->dv_xname is derivied from), but this does not need to
be the name known to "config".
One can of course lookup cfdata->cf_driver in the symbol table
(should be xxx_cd), but this is ugly.

Am I missing something?

best regards
Matthias Drochner