Subject: Re: New spl level: splsched()
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/05/1997 13:12:13
On Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:09:20 -0800
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > However, rom a software engineering perspective, I really, really
 > *dont* want to see these changes commited until the interrupt
 > architecture is documented well enough for, say, a new portmaster to
 > understand it and be sure that a given port actually *meets* the
 > design assumptions.

See my previous message on this list... If you're not sure, the
"safe" implementation is:

#define	splsched()	splhigh()

...since that's the call it's replacing.  Certainly, that wouldn't
make things any _worse_.

 > Is it necessary to commit the changes this week?

Well, it sure would be nice to get the new com driver in the tree,
and this Really Helps.