Subject: PCMCIA & ATAPI
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/02/1997 00:18:00
Hi!

I've got a question to the port-master of i386, and the rest of
core, I guess.  I recently got a laptop computer and naturally
I want to run NetBSD on it.  Also naturally, I want to use a PCMCIA
ethernet card and the ATAPI CD-rom.

Well, I applied the PCMCIA and ATAPI patches that are available
for NetBSD and everything works just wonderfully (better than I
expected even!).  But it is a pain to keep up with current when
you've made changes like these.  So my question is: how far away is
the integration of PCMCIA resp. ATAPI into current?  Is there anything
I can help to do speed up the process?

        -- Lennart