Subject: Re: ncr5380sbc and rude targets
To: None <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/25/1997 12:12:42
> From: "Matthias Pfaller" <leo@dachau.marco.de>
> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:42:35 +0100 (CET)
>
> There are some targets (like the cabletron EA41x) that transfer more
> data then requested. The sparc esp and the ISA aic6360 driver discard
> additional data on DATA_IN and provide additional data to the target on
> DATA_OUT. The following patch makes the ncr5380 driver behave like the
> aic6360 and the sparc esp driver. If there are no objections, I'd like
> to put this change into the tree. Comments?
>
> Matthias

One other question about the strategy used for this fix:
Would it not be more correct to assert ATN and send the
"rude target" some sort of message?  (i.e. "Hey, you SOB!)
Perhaps an Initiator Detected Error?  I'm not sure what
might be considered appropriate...
Any SCSI protocol experts around?

Gordon