Subject: RE: Per-user temp storage
To: 'tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG' <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Rees <bill_rees@firepower.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/23/1997 21:13:32
This seems awfully heavy handed for resolving something that needs to be
fixed in the kernel in the first place.  Aside from a server side inode
depletion problem, the access times on tmp would soar as users collided
during path lookup.

What exactly are the race conditions that are problematic?

Bill