Subject: Re: Clock synchronization with ISDN
To: None <chk@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/1997 12:43:52
> And you are basing that assumption on what exactly?  Just because 9.6Kbps
> fits into 16Kbps, doesn't mean the X.25 PVC doesn't burst to the full 16Kbps.

OK, looks like I was a bit fast mentioning this with such tune of generality.
It's just that the German Telekom offers X.25 with an effective rate of 9600
bps over the D channel.

And BTW, it needn't be a PVC.  E.g. we are running 2 SVCs over our ISDN line.

> As you probably are aware of, you can very well run X.25 at full E1/T1 burst
> rate over an H10/H12 PRI.  9.6Kbps is just a traditionally common rate,
> nothing more.

Hmm, we were talking about the D channel, weren't we?
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800