Subject: Re: Mac68k console-break disable
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/12/1997 11:41:37
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >
> > > But I was hoping to use sysctl as a quick hack. Looks like I can't.
> >
> > Bill, have you considered creating an ioctl on the console driver to
> > handle this case?
>
> I could. Hopefully it could become a M.I. definition (not necessarily
> always implimented, just defined). The thing though is that you have to
> have a program to manipulate it. For situations where you already have a
> program (like ppp, or a terminal package), ioctl's are great.

	I would have thought that every port capable of using a serial
	console should be able to use the define. That would equate to
	just about every port (except maybe powerpc so far? :)

	That woukd put it fairly into MI territory - would someone in
	core care to say if that would be unacceptable? Any other
	implementation seems to be a compromise...

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

Thought for : Loathing the way "Don't cry for me Argentina" has
  the day   : been bastardized by Madonna into a 'disco' song.