Subject: Problem with macfs, a macOS file system
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/1997 17:47:23
On another note,

Paul Goyette and I have gotten MacFS, a MacOS HFS file system module working.
Kinda.

Oh, this is all on a IIsi, mac68k.

It seems to work GREAT in single user. I've used it to instal NetBSD
1.2 on one of my machines, with out problem. However, in Multi-user,
it has problems. It occasionally will panic the kernel with an
address error. Occasionally other errors too.

Unfortunately when the kernel panics so, no stack trace is available
for anything other than the point of the address error exception handler.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? Or how to find out?
In single-user mode, I succeed at doing lots of tests (like cd'ing
everywhere, cp'ing, tar'ing, etc) which should find bugs in the code,
and which should spew lots of vnode accesses (I think). But under
multi-user, simple things like a cd when nothing else is ostensably
going on on the system will panic the kernel.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Bill