Subject: genassym.sh([89]) manpage
To: None <perry@piermont.com, tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/1997 18:11:38
In article <199701302128.QAA00890@jekyll.piermont.com> you write:

> > Shouldn't this go into section 9, as it's relevant to building kernels only?
>
> No. config and other such tools are section 8. Section 9 is like
> section 2 or section 3 -- function call documentation. Not program
> documentation.

But config is a regular userland program that lives in a regualar binary
directory. This genassym.sh lives in the kernel sources. Giving such a
program a manpage is a new precedent, as far as I know, so we should
choose wisely. IMHO, section 9 is more appropriate, though it's still
not quite right (time for section 10? :->). An alternative would be to
move genassym.sh to /usr/sbin, maybe with a better name.