Subject: Re: CRITICAL ** Holes in default cron jobs ** CRITICAL
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/1997 18:32:00
Chris Demetriou writes:
>It's worth noting that link() could, in fact, have a variant that
>takes a file descriptor for the 'source' file, and even a file
>descriptor for the destination directory. [...]  However, I don't
>think implementing that is either necessary or appropriate.

Since you didn't say explicitly:  This would also mean that you could
get permanent access rights to inherited file descriptors.  Which
could open security holes.
Christoph Badura

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.