Subject: Re: CRITICAL ** Holes in default cron jobs ** CRITICAL
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/1997 18:32:00
Chris Demetriou writes:
>It's worth noting that link() could, in fact, have a variant that
>takes a file descriptor for the 'source' file, and even a file
>descriptor for the destination directory. [...]  However, I don't
>think implementing that is either necessary or appropriate.

Since you didn't say explicitly:  This would also mean that you could
get permanent access rights to inherited file descriptors.  Which
could open security holes.
--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.