Subject: Re: Machine hanging
To: HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM <HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
From: None <david@mono.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/1996 16:43:06
	If you stop sending to the machine & leave it for a while does it
	come back to life - there was a problem in the way NetBSD handled
	low memory situations - I think a workaround was committed to the
	tree shortly after 1.2 was released, but I'm not sure on this...

	What architecture are you running, and have you tried setting up
	ddb so you can get a traceback of what happens at the hang?

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.