Subject: ISA PNP stuff
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/1996 02:51:58
I have started playing around with ISA PNP stuff.  If anyone wants to
help out, please let me know.  I have a hacked version of OpenBSD's
isapnp.c working, including a few bug fixes.

The source and one small patch is on
	http://www.flame.org/NetBSD/PnP/

The only card I have is a Gravis UltraSound Plug & Play, so that will be
the first driver I start on.

Currently, the code I have attaches an "isapnp" bus to the isa bus and
probes it.  It then calls all compiled-in drivers to see if the device
IDs match.  Currently, I have no such drivers, just the bus code.  :)

I suppose new attach routines will have to be added and the devices split
into multiple files...  More or less the standard
	dev/ic/foo.c
	dev/isa/foo_isa.c
	dev/isapnp/foo_isapnp.c
and perhaps someday
	dev/pcmcia/foo_pcmcia.c

Also, it would be nice to arrange to probe the PnP "bus" last, since
all static allocations of ports and irq's would have happened by then,
and the interrupts would be all ready to be claimed.

--Michael