Subject: Re: Extending config(8) to allow different root fs types
To: 'Gordon W. Ross' <gwr@mc.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@laurin.teuto.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/03/1996 05:46:29
Gordon W. Ross wrote:

> The normal thing is to do something like this:
> 	boot> sd(...)netbsd -a

Yes, that's the hack I'm using right now. I made a two line #ifdef CDBOOT
in sys/arch/i386/i386/autoconf.c and set the mountroot function pointer
to cd9660_mountroot instead of ffs_mountroot.

I then have to boot with -a or else the kernel will panic when trying to
mount the root fs from sd0 (which of course isn't an iso 9660 fs).

This is a workaround for now, but I wouldn't call that acceptable for a new
user who is trying to do his first time installation from CD.

Martin