Subject: Com Problems Under 1.2
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/1996 16:07:20
I mentioned this before, but I've now got a little more information
on the problem. I've got an Asus Triton II motherboard with built-in
16550 serial ports. Under Linux these serial ports function just
fine. Under NetBSD 1.2 and 1.1, however, if I attempt to write to
the serial port without a CD signal present (CLOCAL is on), I get
an I/O error. If CD is present, it works fine. I do not see this
behaviour on the built-in serial ports on an ASUS PVI-486SP3G
motherboard running NetBSD 1.2.

This is a rather frustrating problem that I need to get solved
fairly urgently. Can anyone point me at where to start looking in
the kernel to get this fixed up?

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.