Subject: Com Problems Under 1.2
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/1996 16:07:20
I mentioned this before, but I've now got a little more information
on the problem. I've got an Asus Triton II motherboard with built-in
16550 serial ports. Under Linux these serial ports function just
fine. Under NetBSD 1.2 and 1.1, however, if I attempt to write to
the serial port without a CD signal present (CLOCAL is on), I get
an I/O error. If CD is present, it works fine. I do not see this
behaviour on the built-in serial ports on an ASUS PVI-486SP3G
motherboard running NetBSD 1.2.

This is a rather frustrating problem that I need to get solved
fairly urgently. Can anyone point me at where to start looking in
the kernel to get this fixed up?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.