Subject: Re: Sources for NetBSD-current
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/15/1996 08:13:08
On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Markus Baeurle wrote:
>
> > I think it's not a good thing anyway that the sources of current are not
> > available during the bug fixing stage for a release.
>
> Just a couple of observations.
>
> 1) Until something other than SUP is used to distribute source, it will be
> painful to maintain multiple trees.  One answer to this might be
> anonymous CVS access.

I don't see why that should be the case.  All we need to do is use the
collection to specify whether we want src, sys, domestic, etc. and
use the revision to select between -current, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, etc.  It's
just a question of disk space for the separate revisions.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
"Cliffs are for climbing.  That's why God invented grappling hooks."
					- Benton Frasier