Subject: Re: Sources for NetBSD-current
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/1996 10:49:36
On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I think it was on current-users that the notice went out the sup
> sources will be switched over as of the Sunday night (well, Monday

Fine.

> morning, really) supscan. If you're using current, you really should
> be subscribed to current-users.

Sorry, but my mailbox is already full enough with all the stuff from the
port-arm32 list.
It's not really current what we are using, only the kernel. This is
always available as a binary, but I want to compile it myself and want to
see the sources, that's what sup.netbsd.org is needed for. It should
really be unnecessary to set up and independent sup server just for the
arm32 port.

> If the -current sources were made available just before a release,
> they'd have to be available as a separate sup, since the pre-release
> stuff has to be available for debugging.

And that's exactly what I propose to do.
The current stuff has to be available to keep development going.
Eg. there is a completely new interrupt handling in the current arm32
kernels which is not present in the 1.2-release kernel and which needs
testing.

So long, Markus