Subject: Re: options(4) man page
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/08/1996 00:32:36
On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Jukka Marin wrote:

> What I'd like to see on this man page is how the various options affect
> system performance.  For example, if I enable KTRACE and DIAGNOSTIC, how
> much does that affect the performance?  Does having COMPAT_SUNOS make
> the native NetBSD stuff run slower etc.

As I mentioned in private e-mail to Perry, I think we need a separate
kernel performance tuning manpage that would discuss this sort of
thing, as well as go into great detail about the sizing of disk
cache, mbuf tables, kernel memory tables of various sorts, and all
of that.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.