Subject: bunya mail problem...
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/03/1996 14:25:39
According to Jonathan Stone:

>I'm getting duplicate replies  of most of the messages
>in this thread, after  about a 15-hour to 24-hour delay.

OK - I saw one of these myself in my mail box.  It is really really
weird.  According to the headers bunya is deciding to send the mail
out our gateway again - no errors - no nothing it just does it.
Currently I am suspecting a botched patch from Sun which I installed
late last week.  I have backed out the patch as of now - so if you see
any more of these repeats PLEASE mail ME (blymn@awadi.com.au) right
away so I know that it is not fixed.

Bunya is not reachable but it does have a MX that points at myall -
the rewrites on myall should be killing all host names in the outgoing
awadi addresses.  I shall check that this is still happening.

Brett"Not a happy trooper"Lymn

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.