Subject: Include paths and config(8)
To: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/22/1996 17:33:47
Greg Hudson writes:

>	* If you use `include "foo.std"' in your kernel configuration
>	  files, you must change them to `include
>	  "arch/foo/conf/foo.std"'.  Until you do that, your port
	>  won't configure with the new config.

It seems like *all* occurrences of

	include "some.foo.file"

in a config file need to be changed to

	include "arch/foo/conf/some.foo.file"

(see, for example, arch/pmax/conf/DSG. All the include directives
there, and in the files in that directory it inclues, need
"arch/pmax/conf" added. Is this the intended behaviour or a bug?

>From earlier discussion, I'd thought that an "machine foo bar" line in
"foo.std" was sufficient to put arch/foo/conf (and arch/bar/conf) on
config's include search-path.  That isn't happening for me, at least
for includes in the config file itself.