Subject: Re: is VNODEPAGER optional ?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Graichen <graichen@axp5.physik.fu-berlin.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/12/1996 19:46:36
Michael Graff (explorer@flame.org) wrote:
: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk> writes:

: > In an attempt to minimize the size of the NetBSD kernel, I tried
: > to remove the option VNODEPAGE from the kernel configuration file.

: Don't do that.  It's not optional.

: > If yes, the test for VNODEPAGER should be removed in vm/vm_pager.c, and
: > the option VNODEPAGER should be removed by all kernel configuration files.

: That and the other pagers as well...  As far as I know, they aren't
: optional at all, and should just be made standard by requirement.

but how about including them by default (without any config option) ?

  thomas graichen    graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de    graichen@FreeBSD.org

  perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when
      there is no longer anything to take away    antoine de saint-exupery