Subject: Re: Proposed change to a whole load of drivers...
To: None <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/11/1996 14:49:18
According to Mike Long:
>Basically, he wants the locators; e.g. port, irq, drq, &c., for ISA.

Yes!  Exactly!  but at risk of showing my ignorance - are there any
other busses that require the locators as well?  I did want the thing
to be architecture independent.

>Implementing this idea requires altering the definition of struct
>device in <sys/device.h>, and modifying bus-attach code to allocate
>and fill in the arrays.

Yes it makes sense to me (not that that is much help ;-).  Sounds like
it will allow people to find out about the devices in a
sane/controlled manner.

>Hopefully this made some sense.  If it doesn't get shot down out of
>hand, I will even try to implement it.

Is there anything I can do to help?

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.