Subject: Re: VM subsystem
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/1996 17:23:27
"Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net> writes:

> But, you are seriously deluded if you think it wouldn't be very much
> work.  They went through several weeks of almost unrunnable systems
> when the latest mega-merge of their VM code made it into the tree.
> And they already had the base code established.
>
> You also have to remember that everything you do needs to run on all
> NetBSD platforms, not just Intel.  Their code is not written with that
> in mind.

Well, perhaps and perhaps not.  The VM subsystem is rather pervasive though,
so it would quite likely be more than trivial to port.

There are a lot of phantom projects floating around.  This was one of them...
Some time ago (6 months?) "someone" was working on porting the FreeBSD VM
system to NetBSD.  I don't know what happened to that.  I never knew who
was even doing it.

--Michael