Subject: Re: sysctl items defined at attach time
To: Charles M. Hannum <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/29/1996 10:57:45
> I see absolutely no reason why it would make sense to sysctl(8) for
> this.  If anything, you should create another tty flag, a la CRTSCTS.

Ok. Though I think adding a flag whose name only makes sense for the
mac68k driver would be a bit gross for all the other ports. So
maybe a serial port equivalent of the link[0-2] bits in ifconfig?
Add more than one while I'm at it?

Should they be CFLAGs or LFLAGs? CFLAG makes more sense to me, since they
have a hardware-related meaning, but sys/tty.h implies that the L
(local) flags are the dumping ground for all miscelaneous things.

Take care,