Subject: Re: Corret way to allocate memory in kernel ?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/16/1996 13:02:48
In some mail I received from Michael Graff, sie wrote

> matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> writes:
>
> > why must it be too late for 1.2 ?  aren't documentation fixes
> > (and in this case, additions) not problem for incorporation
> > right upto the last minute ?  espcially since these are new
> > manuals and have useful information in them, that the users
> > and developers of netbsd applications need.
>
> IMHO, _anything_ which delays 1.2 one more hour can wait, unless
> it is a critical bug.

In my opinion, if the documentation exists then it should be put in as
part of the release.

Afterall, it is documentation relevant to 1.2, isn't it ?

And how many times do you buy COTS products and get the documentation
later ?  (Maybe addendums or with "updates" but I can't see a good
reason for leaving out essential documentation).