Subject: i386 interrupt counters
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@cygnus.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/11/1996 01:10:55
I added in i386 interrupt counters for both the slow and fast interrupt
hooks in the kernel.  Right now I have the "slow" ones called "intr*"
and the fast ones called "fast*" but I am open to suggestions on other
names.

It is SO nice to see things like this again:

interrupt         total     rate
intr0             30741      100
intr1               111        0
intr6                 2        0
intr9               113        0
intr10            26119       85
Total             57086      185

If anyone else wants to try out the changes before I commit them, let me
know.  If no one makes better suggetions for the interrupt names, they
will end up as
	intr* fast*
or perhaps
	int* fint*
(I don't want to call them "slow" since the normal interrupt path is the
usual one from what I can see)

Also, since int0 is always the clock on a PC, I think, perhaps I should
just call it that and be done with it?

--Michael