Subject: Re: SCSI Controllers [comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc #592]
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/1996 15:25:15
------ Forwarded Article <4r5cdn$jc2@library.erc.clarkson.edu>
------ From shapircs@craft.camp.clarkson.edu (Carl S. Shapiro)

James Raynard (james@jraynard.demon.co.uk) wrote:

(stuff cut out)

: None of the free OS's support them AFAIK as all the necessary info is
: subject to NDA's. However, I remember seeing someone on one of the
: FreeBSD mailing lists saying they were negotiating with DPT and they
: thought it looked reasonably promising.

Linux does indeed support the DPT caching SCSI cards.  Juding by the
comments in the Linux DPT driver source, DTP actually provided some
measure of assistance.  If somebody actually cares to write a driver for
NetBSD/FreeBSD, I would not mind providing assitance in the form of an
EISA SmartCache+ card loan/purchase (provided I had some kind of
gaurantee of something being produce).  Good Luck.

Carl

------ End of Forwarded Article