Subject: Re: netstat -i
To: Martin Konold <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/1996 22:19:12
>Name  Mtu   Network     Address              Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs  Coll
>le0   1500  <Link>       78186     0    97958     0  1210
>le0   1500  134.2.170   centauri.tat.phys    78186     0    97958     0  1210

>What is special about

It's your ethernet address, in hex.

>Why are there two entries for the single ethernet device?

One is the link level interface, one is the IP interface.

>Is there done any copying inside the kernel?

What do you mean?

>Where may I optain technical information about the *BSD kernels and

More than likely, the 4.4BSD book.  I can give you the full name when
I find it, or someone else prolly can.

Michael Graff <>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!
Cthulhu for president:  Tired of voting for the *LESSER* of two evils?